Time to prepare: 30 minutes
Serves: 4-5 people.
- 1-lb of sweet potatoes
- 8-oz of peeled celery root.
- 2 tablespoons of grass fed ghee butter (preferably organic).
- ½ cup of chopped onions
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine.
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon of grated fresh lime peel.
- 1 cup of half-and-half.
- Himalayan Salt to taste.
- ¾ cup of chopped Brazil nuts for garnish.
1. Cut sweet potatoes and celery root into 1-inch pieces. Melt ghee butter in large sauce-pan; add onion. Cook over medium heat until soft and tender.
2. Add celery root, potatoes, chicken broth and wine. Simmer for 13-16 minutes until vegetables are soft and tender.
3. Add lime juice and lime peel. Puree in blender; add half-and-half and Himalayan salt.
4. Garnish with a thin slice of lime and chipped Brazil nuts. Can add croutons if desired.
Ingredient Health Benefits:
Sweet potato: Sweet potatoes are rich in fiber as well as vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, and selenium. They also contain Vitamins B and C. One of the key nutritional benefits of sweet potato is that they're high in an antioxidant known as beta-carotene, which converts to vitamin A once consumed.
Celery root: Rich in Vitamins C, K, B6, potassium, phosphorus, fiber.
Himalayan salt: Himalayan salt has become well known for its amazing health benefits. It re-mineralizes the body with minerals and trace elements essential to our health and wellbeing. Himalayan pink salt is rich in trace minerals - including Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper and Iron.
Ghee Butter: High smoke point, Lactose free, bone strengthening, improves digestion; it contains butyrate which inhibits inflammation. ghee contains nearly double the amount of short- and medium-chain fatty acids as butter. These types of fats are metabolized differently in the body than long-chain fatty acids, and studies show that they are not associated with heart disease.
Lime juice: Improves digestion, lowers blood sugar, reduces heart disease, and reduces inflammation. Good source of Vitamins A, B, C and D; contains magnesium, calcium and potassium.
Lime peel: The lime peel has important anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties
Brazil nuts: Contain mainly monounsaturated fat (good fat). They also contain magnesium, zinc, calcium, Vitamin E and B.