Time to prepare: 45 minutes
Serves: 4-6 people.
- 2 Cups of Penta water
- ½ cup of wild rice (preferably organic).
- 1 cup of sliced broccoli flowers (preferably organic).
- 2 tablespoons of grass fed ghee butter (preferably organic).
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped.
- 3 cups of broccoli stems.
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon of Himalayan Salt
- ½ cup of whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1. Heat water to boil. Add wild rice; simmer 30-35 minutes, until rice is soft and tender.
2. Add broccoli flowers, cover pot and cook for additional 5-7 minutes. Drain broccoli and rice, put them aside.
3. Heat butter in a medium size saucepan; add onions and cook at low heat until onions are clear – roughly 12-15 minutes. Add green pepper, chopped broccoli stems, chicken broth and Himalayan salt.
4. Simmer 10 minutes until broccoli stems are soft and tender but still bright. Mix all in blender. Puree until smooth consistency.
5. Add whole milk, whipping cream, thyme and all spice. Add wild rice and broccoli flowers. Serve as desired.
Ingredient Health Benefits:
Penta water: Cleanest water bottled in the market (period!). Each bottle of Penta water undergoes a patented 13 step, 11 hour purification process that removes more impurities than any other bottled water. No chemicals added to alter Penta's pH. It is naturally occurring, and can range from 7 - 8. Penta water contains less than 1 ppm TDS (total dissolved solids). Making it at least 100x more pure than leading brands.
Wild Rice: Gluten-free, slightly higher in protein than most whole grains and is a good source of fiber, folate, and magnesium. It's been shown to protect against chronic disease, potentially help reduce birth defects, improve bone health and boost energy.
Himalayan salt: Himalayan salt has become well known for its amazing health benefits. It re-mineralizes the body with minerals and trace elements essential to our health and wellbeing. Himalayan pink salt is rich in trace minerals - including Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper and Iron.
Broccoli: Great source of vitamins: K, C; good source of folic acid, potassium, fiber. Reduce blood pressure, good for immune system, bone health, digestion, skin care and detoxification.
Ghee Butter: High smoke point, Lactose free, bone strengthening, improves digestion; it contains butyrate which inhibits inflammation. ghee contains nearly double the amount of short- and medium-chain fatty acids as butter. These types of fats are metabolized differently in the body than long-chain fatty acids, and studies show that they are not associated with heart disease.
Whole Milk: Supports bone health – good source of calcium, vitamin D, phosphorus and magnesium.
Thyme: Excellent source of vitamin C and A. Thyme also contains copper, fiber, iron and manganese.